Norwich City 3 Swansea 1

Norwich City continued their recent good form to comfortably beat Swansea City to maintain their top half Premiership position.

They began like the weather, hot and bright! Anthony Pilkington opened the scoring after just 48 seconds with Russell Martin adding another in the tenth minute.

Within two minutes Danny Graham pulled a goal back for the Swansea, but that was just a consolation as Norwich remained in control and sealed the three points when Pilkington scored his second on the hour mark.

Paul Lambert, not surprisingly, named an unchanged line-up from the close defeat at Manchester United before the international break. Unlike that game against the Champions, the difference against the Swans was that Lambert's men made the most of their chances.

The Canaries showed their attacking intentions from as soon as the visitors kicked off. An incisive break down the right, saw Elliott Bennett's deep cross from the byline headed down by Steve Morrison, for Pilkington to calmly stroke the ball home underneath the diving Swansea keeper Michel Vorm.

The stunned Swans had no answer to the marauding Canaries and it was no surprise that another sweeping move ended with Russell Martin heading home David Fox's free-kick doubling the home sides advantage.

Now with nothing to lose, the Welsh side did fight back which made for a much more open game. They were rewarded when some sloppy Canaries defending allowed Scott Sinclair to still get the ball to Graham, who scored from six-yards out to reduce the deficit.

The visitors continued to grow in confidence but marshaled by Martin and Bennett, City's defence were not so generous again for the remainder of the game.

HALF-TIME: City 2 Swansea 1

Neither side made any change and the second half continued with the Canaries looking very assured all over the park. With 30 minutes still remaining, Brendan Rodgers tried to influence the game by replacing the ineffective Wayne Routledge with Scott Dobbie.

However, that was all in vain just three minutes later when Norwich effectively ended the game, with Pilkington getting his second and City's third goal. Although Fox's corner was initially cleared, Barnett headed the ball back in where Bradley Johnson crossed into the six-yard area for the on-fire Pilkington to turn and beat Vorm at the far post.

Minutes later and City's Man of the Match Morison, failed to recover after challenging for the ball in the Swansea area and left to a standing ovation to be replaced by talisman striker Grant Holt.

It didn't take Holt long to get into the action for in the 72nd minute he stung Vorm's hands, who could only spill his 25 yard shot. Hoolahan looked to pounce on the rebound but Ashley Williams's did enough to deny him the opportunity.

In a rare Swansea attack Substitute Dobbie had the chance to get his side back in the game but fired his shot at Marc Tierney and headed the rebound tamely at Ruddy who immediately set his side back on the attack.

The home side continued in that vain until the final whistle. In the closing minutes, Johnson showed why there is discussion about a possible England call-up when he broke in behind the Swans defence, only to be denied by the alert Vorm who rushed out to block his shot.

FULL-TIME: City 3 Swansea 1